View Single Post
Old April 3, 2013, 07:16 PM   #1
sliverslinger

.40 cal cast bullet ?

Any advice welcome (I know I asked for it) I'm running out of boolits like everyone else. well not really, but I'm too low to be happy. So I've started messing with cast bullets. Remember I'm loading for 3 different pistols. My wifes is a sig 2022, my son is shooting a Springfield xd, and I'm running a g22 with a lone wolf barrel. sig has a 401 bore, the xd and glock are .400 exactly.I"m trying to make the same bullet work in all. I loaded up some .402 cast bullets they are DARDAS bulllets, I don't remember hardness,will have to double check. I sat them over 4.5gr. of wsf and seated them at 1.125". I used a taper crimp at .421. (lyman dies) they shot like a .22 out of the sig. a little more snap out of my glock. sig didn't foul bad,the glock did foul for about 3/4" . maybe because I shot them after a dozen rounds of plated bullets? I use barnes cr-10 and/or shooters choice copper remover. I also will use breakfree clp. So, to make the rounds shoot cleaner, should I run up closer to 5 gr. of powder or just buy some .401 bullets for us and use the .402 bullets for my wifes sig. Dardas are made in Michigan so I can get them pretty easy right now.

Page generated in 0.02015 seconds with 8 queries