Thread: appleseed gun?
View Single Post
Old January 4, 2010, 01:16 PM   #20
azredhawk44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara
Don't tell me we already have gamers and an equipment race in Appleseed...
The temptation is there. I've seen some .22's geared out expressly for "appleseeding" if the phrase may be used.

However, there's no competition, and no amount of gear will "buy" you a rifleman's patch. It just can't be done, since you don't get the patch if you shoot off a bench or bipod. You have to be a rifleman to earn the patch, no if's ands or buts about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GE Minigun
On a side note…scopes are mentioned…how would a red dot work? I ask because I plan on doing an Appleseed this year and as mentioned here, the gun to use seems to be the 10/22…well mine has a red dot on it. Thanks for the help.
Red dots are cool. You'll probably want your red dot to cover less than 4MOA though. I have a red dot on my Camp 45 and it is a 3 minute dot. It just barely fits inside of the 4MOA targets we use.

If you had a red dot that was more than 4MOA you could get tricky and use a 6 o'clock hold or a half-COM hold, sighting in so that your point of impact is just on the crest of the top of the dot instead of the center of it. Improvise, adapt, overcome.

Page generated in 0.02538 seconds with 8 queries