View Single Post
Old September 11, 2018, 09:50 AM   #13
zukiphile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44amp
Not having grown up in the modern era of electronics, I have an innate distrust for anything on a weapon that requires a battery to operate.
Growing up with electronics is the basis of my distrust.

My preferred solution is a low magnification optic. Yes, glass can break, but being able is see both a reticle and a target clearly and at the same time is neat. I do wish there were more inexpensive scopes in the 1x to 2x range.

Some of the 1x prismatics actually render an image less than 1x once the diopter is adjusted; not a fan of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5whiskey
I liked it once upon a time, but the dot is 4.5moa. Guess what your expected group size will be? I like groups smaller than 4.5" at 100yards.
I am not a fan of red dots, but I've used red dots that are quite large that provide good groups. I had a RD with a 24 moa dot; all it needed was a big black round target to put into the middle of it. Even a 4moa RD can be accurate if used like a steel sight - just using the top of the dot like the top of the front blade.

My vision prevents a RD, even a good one, from looking round unless I have my full value distance prescription on. The best use I've found for a red dot is shooting a pistol without my reading glasses on.

My issue with red dots is that a good one is more expensive than a cheap set of iron sights, and I find the iron sights more accurate so long as I have the right glasses with me.

Page generated in 0.03866 seconds with 8 queries