View Single Post
Old November 29, 2020, 09:53 PM   #106
TruthTellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte S+W View Post
I still think that Ruger ought to offer a variant of the Ruger-57 chambered in 7.62x25 Tokarev. I imagine that such would be more popular given the sheer number of old MilSurp Tokarev Pistols on the market, not to mention the persistent desire by folks who own Tokarev Pistols for a modern firearm chambered in 7.62x25 Tokarev.

I presume that the Ruger-57 could easily be chambered in 7.62x25 Tokarev without the need for a redesign considering that 7.62x25 Tokarev is a lower pressure cartridge. Ruger would just have to scale it up a bit.
I'm not interested in the Ruger-57, but I would be all over a Ruger-762.
Apologies to the OP for contributing in this thread hijack, but I don't what Ruger was thinking when they decided to go ahead with the 57. First is the 57 could compete with FN's overpriced and questionably performing pistol, that was a given, but who was asking for a cheaper 5.7 traditional pistol? Who exactly is going to turn in their 9mm for a 5.7?

So, right there it shows that the entire purpose was to make a pistol in a caliber that people know of, but don't own due to the entry price. Could Ruger do the same for 7.62x25? When Ruger would be competing against $300 Tok clones, I don't think so, even tho a modern polymer frame pistol in 7.62 Tok would be of interest to a few people, it wouldn't interest enough people.

What would interest people a lot more is if Ruger decided to offer a single stack version and rename the pistol the Ruger-357 and put .357 Magnum in it.

Page generated in 0.03084 seconds with 8 queries