Thread: Recipe Thread
View Single Post
Old November 5, 2020, 11:23 AM   #72
Double K

Colorado wild game

I only have the loins cut into steaks on deer and antelope, 1" thick, the rest gets ground into burger with 10% beef fat.
Either way were talking about animals that don't get grain or human food crops to eat consequently normal cooking methods result in extremely gamey tasting meat.
Here's the single best tip for cooking western deer and antelope, marinate or add to the burger Teriyaki sauce, doesn't need a lot but it's the best thing there is to kill gaminess. Secondly never overcook the meat, I eat the steaks rare to medium rare and the burgers pink on the inside.
Marinate the steaks overnight in Teriyaki and olive oil, I also heavily season it with Canadian steak seasoning. Toothpick a slice of bacon around the outside edge of each steak.
Preheat grill to 600 degree's{never pan fry mule deer}, grill on each side 3 minutes and move to the top rack of the grill{on low} or on a rack in your oven{350} for another 5-7 minutes until it's as rare as you can tolerate eating it.
Serve with horseradish sauce.
I had some sweet peppers for a little extra flavor the day I grilled these antelope steaks.

Smoked antelope meatloaf, but that's a recipe for another day.

Page generated in 0.03372 seconds with 8 queries