View Single Post
Old February 28, 2020, 01:14 AM   #32
TruthTellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnKSa View Post
I think that's probably true. There are other accuracy issues inherent to revolvers that likely dominate.

However, the OP specifically stated that he was interested in single shots for the improvement in accuracy over revolvers.When you get away from revolvers to a more conventional chamber/barrel/leade arrangement, I think the difference in accuracy potential due to the bullet jump becomes more significant because you've eliminated most of the accuracy issues inherent to revolvers.

I don't think it's going to be a huge effect, but it just seems inconsistent with the stated goal.
True, it's getting away from the goal, but if I wanted to shoot some lighter .454 rounds I would have to lower the charge to starting loads and that may leave too much air space in the case and cause other issues.

So, yeah, I don't see any reason to bother with the .454 then. I have no other guns in .454, don't intend to buy any other .454's (unless Henry or Rossi want to come out with new lever actions in the chambering) so no sense to get one over .45 Colt, which I have many guns in and lots of brass.

Page generated in 0.02709 seconds with 8 queries