View Single Post
Old February 27, 2020, 02:29 AM   #30
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
Presumably you're going to a single-shot pistol for the accuracy potential. Shooting a shorter cartridge than the gun is chambered for is going to throw away some of that accuracy potential.
While I recognize this is true in principle, I don't think it matter much in revolvers, and even less so specific to the .454 Casull and .45 Colt. The difference in the two case lengths is essentially .1" which is less than the .135" case length difference between the .38 Special and .357 Magnum.

Considering the distance the bullet has to "jump" before it hits the rifling of a revolver I don't think 0.1" is significant and doesn't have a noticeable affect on accuracy.

Of course every gun is an individual and no doubt there are some which do shoot better with a case full length for the chamber, but I've never seen a revolver that seemed to care, so I don't worry about it.

Quote:
and aftermarket barrels seem to only want to chamber .327 in a barrel with .308 groove diameters,
If you want something other than what they offer order it. Barrel makers will cut the tube to anything you want it just takes a bit of $$.

Page generated in 0.02726 seconds with 8 queries