View Single Post
Old October 15, 2019, 07:43 PM   #38
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
. the Colt manual states it IS a collector's gun, and excessive handling and or shooting it will devalue it. I mean, after all, it IS a Colt, and if the manual states it has collectors value, who are we to question it?? I mean, it's not like it's Hipoint saying its 9mm is a collector's piece... this is COLT writing this.
First off, what makes you think Colt is above advertising hype and hyperbole? They aren't.

Second, the way the market works, "excessive handling and or shooting" devalues EVERYTHING, Not just special Colts...

Who are we to question Colt? We're the people buying, or not buying their stuff. It is consumer DEMAND that makes something "collectible", not the maker saying so.

You could have people engrave Currier & Ives scenes on a limited production run of "collectible" guns, but that doesn't make them collectable, only people buying them makes it so.

I get it, you bought an unturned, factory new gun with a 100% finish. That's what you PAID for, and the gunshop employee "playing" with it changed that. Absolutely, they owe you the cost difference between what you paid for, and what its worth, now.

Page generated in 0.02821 seconds with 8 queries