View Single Post
Old December 11, 2011, 10:04 PM   #1
hounddawg

Lee Collet neck sizers

Just wanted to say plus one for the Lees, I am now a believer in the Lee collet dies. I have been reading up on bullet concentricity and just happened to have a old Starret dial indicator and a couple of V blocks that have been gathering dust for a few years tucked away in a cabinet. I had just switched over from my Lee collet to another brand neck die just before loading the last batch of .308 in the safe.

I checked my gage setup by checking a few Lapua Palma cases that i had fired last trip to the range and cleaned but not resized or deprimed and was getting = or - .001 which told me my redneck engineering was good to go and started checking some reloaded ammo. Much to my surprise the ones that I had loaded with the Lee before switching brands were coming out + or - .001 to .002, the ones using the high price die were + or - .005. Resized some more brass using both dies and found the Lee die giving me near perfect necks. The other die was giving me .004 - .0005 runout and is now on Ebay if anyone needs a .308 neck size die and is not picky about concentricity it's a bargain.

Page generated in 0.02047 seconds with 8 queries