View Single Post
Old January 3, 2014, 10:59 PM   #1
Texas Tony

Problems with Rossi Revolver have me looking at Glock now

First time poster cuz i am rather upset about what happened last weekend. I was shooting some 38 special shells through the Rossi 357 snubnose (model 46202) and the hammer entirely jammed. It wouldn't go forward or backward- acting almost like the safety was engaged (but it wasn't).

I removed the grips and started to loosen the screws on the side plate of the gun and the hammer popped free (sorta). It was still unreasonably stiff so I took the sideplate all the way off. Upon a very close inspection around the hammer, I noticed a wire about the size of a lightbulb filament wire that had lodged between the hammer and the side of the gun. The end of the wire was coiled like a spring.

At this point, I decided the gun needed to go back to Rossi under their limited lifetime warranty. I discovered that both UPS and Fedex will only ship handguns via overnight shipping and the USPS is an absolute no-go. The cost to ship the gun back was $80. I called Braztech/Rossi/Taurus to complain and they offered to sell me a pre-paid label using their discount so shipping was "only" $50.

Not happy with this and until i get the gun back, I reserve the right to complain more. :-) But other than venting, I want to flip this back around as a question to the community...

I purchased a revolver because: 1) I want a simple gun that my wife can use if she wants. She has no interest in going to the range to practice shooting. She wants something she can just pull the trigger for self defense; and 2) I want reliable! If I ever find myself in a situation that I must use the gun to protect myself or my family, failure to fire every shot in the gun is not acceptable.

It is #2 that has me concerned... this failure to fire makes me wonder if I should keep the Rossi or sell the Rossi and buy a Glock. However, if I go with Glock, that goes against reason #1 I wanted a wheelgun to begin with. What advice would you give me?

Page generated in 0.03822 seconds with 8 queries