View Single Post
Old January 8, 2019, 09:51 PM   #22
dogtown tom
Senior Member
Join Date: January 23, 2006
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 2,530
Skans So, the moral of the story is never sell anyone a firearm who does not have a valid instate drivers license or state issued ID?
It is completely legal to use an out of state photo ID and a combination other government issued documents to show the buyers state of residence.

Happens every day with active duty military and many others.

Absolutely. From ATF Form 4473:

Question 18.a. Identification:
Before a licensee may sell or deliver a firearm to a nonlicensee, the licensee must establish the identity, place of residence, and age of the transferee/buyer. The transferee/buyer must provide a valid government- issued photo identification document to the transferor/seller that contains the transferee's/buyer's name, residence address, and date of birth. A driver's license or an identification card issued by a State in place of a license is acceptable.

Nothing unclear about it.
It would be if you included ALL the instructions to 18a and 18b.
Need a FFL in Dallas/Plano/Allen/Frisco/McKinney ? Just EMAIL me. $20 transfers ($10 for CHL, active military,police,fire or schoolteachers)

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA
dogtown tom is offline  
Page generated in 0.02778 seconds with 8 queries