View Single Post
Old March 13, 2013, 04:30 PM   #97
thedudeabides

It's in the Bill of Rights, as I have said.

Saying that its authors didn't have "modern" firearms in mind is like saying the First Amendment doesn't apply to the Internet, TV, Radio, etc.

I really don't have to justify why we're allowed to own firearms, since it's a basic founding principle of our nation.

If it's an esoteric and nonsensical statement as a NEED, then I NEED to protect my family against violence.

Guns are well suited for that, far better than tasers, rape whistles, mace, scissors, bats, or whatever you plan on using.

You even admitted to this by having UN Soldiers (with guns, not tasers I presume) provide you with protection. I'm sure you'd feel just as safe if they were unarmed.

I lived on the Gulf Coast for over 2 decades. It's amazing how quickly society can devolve to Mad Max standards after a hurricane, and how quickly the looting scum turns polite and scuttles off when they see good citizens with 870s and 1911s protecting their homes and loved ones. I don't need to go to some third world hell to know that we're a natural disaster away from chaos, and guns do a wonderful job of putting people into a more rational state of mind.

Page generated in 0.02454 seconds with 8 queries