Thread: Really...
View Single Post
Old September 6, 2012, 10:01 AM   #1
Ike666

Really...

I picked up a new R1 Enhanced yesterday and did the unthinkable. I sat down a read the manual! And on Page 17 (where it was telling me how to shoot my new pistole), I found this oh so helpful photo:

(fair use)

My, my.

BTW, haven't got it to the range yet but I'm favorably impressed with the fit and finish. The barrel locks up very tightly, the SS bushing is so tight right now you can't move it without a bushing wrench. Tried several different magazines in it (WC, McC, even one from a Sig 1911) and all fit perfectly. Nice oomph on the mag ejection - positive release.

Tested the trigger with my Lyman gauge and it averaged 4 lbs, 0.3 oz. for five successive pulls. The lightest was 3 lbs, 12 oz and the heaviest 4 lbs, 6 oz. The first pull was exactly 4 lbs. The manual says it should be between 3.5 and 5 lbs.

Wouldn't fit in my [ancient] Blade Tech. Had to force it in and then couldn't draw without excessive force even with the tension screws backed all the way off. Turns out the front sight dovetail base protrudes slightly beyond the rounding on the slide top and was digging into the plastic at the front of the sight channel. I tried it in the PHLster I got for my SIG 1911 with the rail and fit like a glove.

Page generated in 0.03576 seconds with 8 queries