View Single Post
Old February 21, 2001, 10:29 AM   #8
Warm Bore

Well,

I'm going to have to give the nod to the Daly FS models as well. Not knowing much about them I wasn't sure if my buddy made the right choice in a 1911. However, after our initial range session I'm convinced it is a quality firearm. He purchases his at a gunshow for ~$380. I have a Kimber Custom Classic (as shown by Kevinch) with wood grips and I'm starting to wonder why I paid almost twice as much as I needed to. A few things I'm not too keen on with the Daly is the ambi-safety and the extended slide release. I also prefer wood or Hogue grips and a matte finish on the frame and slide. But these are very minor IMO. The Daly is tight and accurate. The trigger is a bit mushy out of the box but I think it will smooth out over time. Between the two of us we sent ~200 rounds downrange. I had my Kimber along and got to comparison shoot them side-by-side. The Daly stayed with my Kimber all the way. We had two or three FTF's on the first round with one of the factory magazines. But I had several mags with me and they all worked perfectly. Field stripping revealed clean internals though heavily oiled. No burrs or machining marks to be found as is the same for my Kimber. All in all it's an impressive gun for the money. Gryphon, if you're lurking around here, why not chime in on your new 1911 gem.

Regards,

Warm Bore

Page generated in 0.02485 seconds with 8 queries