View Single Post
Old May 13, 2011, 01:10 PM   #5
LongRangeCoach

I very much appreciate all of the tips and pointers that you guys have brought to my attention. I do plan to go through an NRA instructors course, and probably will do all disciplines. My passion has always been to shoot as far as possible, with whatever firearm is being utilized.
The service that I want to provide would be more of a "coach" than an instructor with a bunch of people on the firing line, barking commands. I would rather have a single person who simply wants to improve their shooting skills. Maybe a client has a very expensive hunt planned to Alaska, South America, Africa, etc... My objective is to provide some help and insight to them, so when those big shots happen, they have all of the skills and knowledge to make a devastating shot on the animal.
I am simply a guy that has learned a lot through trial and error shooting in all field weather conditions from the Middle East to the Rocky Mountains. I have an engineering degree from and understand ballistics, trajectory, and all of the factors affecting bullet flight. I can teach people how to use any scope rifle combo to range a target, and adjust at extremely long ranges. I'm sure we have all watched a whitetail hunting show when the hunter is sitting in an elevated blind resting on the window sill, or some other "dead rest", but they are not capable of making a shot out past 250 or 300 yards. The reality is that they do have the ability to make that shot, they just don't realize it.
I also love to shoot pistols and revolvers. I try to compete locally whenever I can at USPSA (IPSC) events, including 3-gun shoots. Archery has become a great way to "extend" my hunting season each year, and I think that if the hunter practices at long ranges then they should be able to push out their maximum comfort zone.
Based on what a client wants to achieve, whether hunting, self defense, competition shooting, or just bring back new skills to impress their own shooting buddies, I can help achieve their goals. And my guess is that each person will teach me a lot as well!
I appreciate any help that you would be willing to offer as to potential clients close to Montana. I also want to say that I will hold all inquiries in confidence. I don't want people to be nervous about soliciting assistance.
There is no substitute for trigger time behind your own firearms.

Travis Kamps
(406) 580-9700
[email protected]

Page generated in 0.02383 seconds with 8 queries