View Single Post
Old November 22, 2000, 08:12 AM   #3
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Joe, darn few people can maintain good control on a PG only shotgun. I taught hundreds of rookie Correctional Officers to shoot,including PG shotguns, and found most had a harder time qualifying with them, and some found it impossible.
As an instructor, I had to qualify 90% or better to keep my certification. I did so, but it took more work than it should. And, after shooting hundreds of rounds this way in demos and qualification, any shotgun of my own will be shot from the shoulder at any range greater than contact distances.

Darn few serious WIHTF types have these PG shotguns, and while I'm no graduate of the fancy schools, I doubt any of the shotgun gurus like Cain, Smith and Saurez even teach it.

But, if you MUST have one, probably for auditioning for Miami Vice II, lean well into it,straight wrist, keep your strong side forearm parallel with the bbl, and lock your support elbow. Then, note after firing how far off you shots were, clean the thing and sell it to someone you don't like...

Page generated in 0.02620 seconds with 8 queries