View Single Post
Old April 15, 2011, 05:21 AM   #7
RGPM1A

I just did a trigger job on my 1006. The easiest things you can do are to put a Wolf 2.5 lb trigger return spring and a 16 lb mainspring in the gun. However, you will need to carefully make sure the gun will not suffer misfires due to light primer strikes with a mainspring at that weight with the ammo you shoot (I only shoot reloads using Federal primers which are much more sensitive than most other brands). Mine is ok there but yours may not be. After doing these two things I obtained a 5.5 lb SA pull and a 12 lb DA pull (stock they were about 7 and 14 lb respectively). The SA pull was ok but was a bit mushy and the DA pull had a wee bit of grittiness to it.

A harder thing to do, and it should not be tried unless you are very familiar with the actions of these guns, is to smooth up the DA action surfaces for a smoother pull and to adjust/polish the hammer and sear engagement surfaces, and lighten the sear spring tension for a lighter and crisper SA trigger pull. After I did the additional work on my gun I obtained a crisp SA pull of 4.5 lb and a very smooth 10.5 lb DA pull. NOTE: You should not try doing any of this unless you know what you are doing or you may render your gun unsafe or inoperable.

Page generated in 0.02896 seconds with 8 queries