View Single Post
Old December 22, 2011, 10:14 PM   #29
bedbugbilly

I thought I recognized this thread and then I looked at the OPs starter thread and saw that it's the same one from last March.

Interesting information on this "marriage" but I'd be interested in knowing what this is going to sell for? The pepperbox cylinder certainly can't be cheap to manufacture and I have to wonder what market you are aiming this for?

I'm really not trying to be a "wet blanket" and as they say, "different strokes for different folks" but #1, it's not historically close to anything that was ever manugactured and #2, as a shooter, I don't see where it is anything but a "up close" weapon. If it is aimed at the reenactment crowd, it's about as "farby" as you can get. I would think that a few might be sold for those that "must have" and because it's a "curiosity".

I would think that if a company were to start to reproduce an accurate copy of a "true" pepperbox such as an Allen & Thurber, that they would find a market with not only reenactors but the shooting crowd as well. Myself, I might purchase one of those but if I were to buy one of these "marriages", I'm afraid that it would soon be relegated to the safe along with my hand held Gattling Gun and my semi-automatic 10 pound Parrott Rifle.

On the serious side, I do hope you'll keep us posted on this project and what the market objectives are and what the cost of this "set" will be. Thanks.
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.02714 seconds with 8 queries