View Single Post
Old September 2, 2017, 02:57 PM   #20
TruthTellers

After thinking about it for a bit, I will say that I can see the benefit of having an AR or other type of long gun that you can change uppers on to make the barrel longer or shorter.

I don't like the idea of something like an Uzi or AK or other less modular guns and making them an SBR. What if you do the SBR and you don't like the result? You spend $200 on the stamp and probably more than what you would have paid on a standard length rifle. It's very tough to sell, gun stores may not even bother with them because they'll probably have a tough time finding a customer to buy it and wait months to take possession of it after they get the OK from Uncle Sam.

So, AR's and takedown style rifles like the Ruger 10/22's or Chiappa lever actions are the best long guns to SBR if you want to.

But, when it comes to the AR, I'd just put the Sig brace on it. Yeah, they're not adjustable, but I get the feeling that Sig will come out with an updated brace that "lengthens or shortens the amount of brace on the user's forearm for added comfort."

At that point, I'd save the $200 and hours of paperwork and spend it on ammo or a decent optic.

Page generated in 0.03617 seconds with 8 queries