View Single Post
Old October 26, 2018, 07:01 AM   #52
Rob228

The handful of people I have seen open carrying in the past few years (my last 5 years were split between Colorado and Virginia, no one really carries much unless it is for work where I am now) have been carrying cheap handguns in cheap holsters. As soon as I see something sitting cocked off to the side in an Uncle Mikes velcro special I can get a sense for the level of training they have committed themselves to. I don't judge people by the quality of their firearms, but I do by the quality of their holsters.

I can recall two occasions where I have open carried, and both involved natural disasters and me on my own property.

Since Grossman has been mentioned: He has some good points, but I lost a lot of respect for him when I saw him speak in 2006, shortly after my third tour to Iraq when he said that the reason we were ineffective was due to people coming off of a mission and not sleeping due to playing video games. My question of "what about coming off of a three day operation only to being kept awake by a few out of control 1stSgts insisting that I police call someone else's cigarette butts at 0500 even though I am on a reverse schedule because I work at night outside the wire" was not well received.

Page generated in 0.02954 seconds with 8 queries