View Single Post
Old November 18, 2018, 01:35 PM   #14
Drm50

As one who has shot thousands of slugs, built dozens of slug guns ( smooth bore) and made
my own slugs for 99% of hunting a good smooth bore and factory Foster slugs are all you need. I got on rifled barrels and sabots myself but went back to smooth bores. The reason
was the gain vs expense of sabots wasn't worth any small gain they provided.

Slug guns are just like rifles, individual guns like certain ammo. Every once in awhile a barrel will turn up that just won't shoot a slug. It's nature of the beast of mass produced
items. On interchangeable barrel guns the cantaliever scope mount has improved accuracy
of scoped guns.

Ohio now has limited rifle cartridges legal but the average deer hunter is not running out to
buy rifles. They have got their deer for years with smooth bores and Foster slugs. It use to
be guys used what ever shotgun they had for slugs. In 60s they all started getting slug barrels. Not many ran out and bought rifled barrel guns. New hunters are buying rifles and
guys who were use to hunting in rifle states switched to rifles immediately. In Ohio I look
for sales of rifled barrel guns to tank. Used racks are full of slug guns and market for them
is soft.

Page generated in 0.03689 seconds with 8 queries