View Single Post
Old August 9, 2017, 12:53 PM   #147
TunnelRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguila Blanca View Post
As would I. But you sort of made my point. It sounds as though you may have been in accidents -- in an airbag-equipped vehicle -- where the airbag(s) didn't deploy. So have I. Isn't that pretty much akin to a dropped gun discharging even though it has a purported drop fire safety?

Nothing is 100 percent. (Including the preceding statement.)

Actually I've never been in an accident where the airbag would have deployed (the accident I was in impacted the wheel entirely). I don't consider a failing in that area to be a pass for the P320 drop safety not working, however. I believe, though frankly I'm not going to personally test, that there are other striker fired pistols on the market that would pass this test. If true then to me SIG owes it to its customers to deliver a product on par with the competition in this area.

My point with the previous comment was we can train people to try to not drop pistols, but drops will still happen (for that matter reaching for or attempting to grab a falling pistol has been seen in a number of stories to have terrible consequences). In that case having drop safeties is important. I'm fully aware that there is no completely drop safe pistol, but I do believe that this design can be improved, and according to SIG that is true given the redesigned parts in the M17. Being safe in your firearm handling and having good safety designs doesn't have to be mutually exclusive situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page generated in 0.02555 seconds with 8 queries