View Single Post
Old July 6, 2013, 08:59 AM   #65
Sure shot wv

Hey all, well for me unfortunately I didn't start reloading when I started shooting. I kept saying I didn't have the time. Well a couple years later I started competing. After my first year of competing I said I'm literally going completely broke shooting, time to reload. So I started with lee products mostly and some misc odds and ends. My initial investment was maybe 300 dollars or so.

Well, after 6 months of loading single stage I could not keep up with shooting. I started getting very good and practicing more and more. Next thing I new I'm shooting 3-5k rounds a month. Well at that time one of my newer friends I made in the shooting world who holds 27 sponsors said let me see what I can do. So he called up dillon and told them about me and a week later for a VERY GOOD price I had a completely new set up in the mail to me. At this time I sunk roughly another 1200 dollars into equipment to load.

So fast forward 3 more years and I'm now sitting on around 2k of equipment. Retail for everything would be around 3500. So I've been lucky on my prices.

Now components I've become very very lucky on. I started off paying retail for everything. Again my now best friend called up rainier and hodgdon ( 2 more of his sponsors ) and spoke to them about me and sent them some shooting videos. Ive since been very blessed to receive thousands upon thousands of free bullets and about 60 pounds of powder. If it wasn't for my buddy and rainier and hodgdon helping me I wouldn't be where I'm at now.

So since I started loading I have fell in love with it and now make time for it lol. All in all I've spent maybe 3k on components in the last 4 years. The rest have been sponsor provided. And let me tell ya using dillon presses ammo just flys out. But then again I shoot even more than ever!

Page generated in 0.02524 seconds with 8 queries