View Single Post
Old August 16, 2012, 01:26 AM   #12
Ethan.G

Quote:
i believe that what oneounceload means when he says your statement about needing a choke makes no sense is that most all barrels have a constiction (they are choked) even if it is fixed, unless you mean that the muzzle is threaded to accept screw in chokes and permit you to change the constriction. Those are the choke tubes others mention.
thats exactly what i ment, i guess i should have put a 'modular' or 'changeable' in front of it, im well aware of the fact that all shotguns are technically choked

i feel the need to say again that even tho this is my first shotgun i shoot A Lot, i usually borrow shotguns from my buddys but i need something i can make my own. i dont have a problem busting doubles with a pump i can cycle it more then fast enough but for me bringing a longer barrel to target seems to be my issue. iv even shot my cousins semi auto with a ~28in barrel and i found it easier to do doubles with a shorter pump gun just because swinging it was so much faster for me (something to do with my toothpick arms im sure... i gota start hitting the gym )

i think im going to go with the 500 Bantam, i know its a youth model and the stock is a little short for me but i can fix that easily. its got a 24in barrel and comes with 3or4 chokes, i also really like where the safety and slide release button is (im not sure what its called, please tell me you know what im talking about)

Page generated in 0.03360 seconds with 8 queries