View Single Post
Old October 16, 2021, 03:07 AM   #25
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
You are absolutely correct and the consequences thereof may not be avoided either as Mr. Rittenhouse is discovering now.
Yes, due process can be an ordeal, but it is part of the process set forth by law. Strangely, a lot of people don't go through it after using lethal force to help another or to protect themselves. As such, not all consequences will involve the court system.

Everything involves risk and will have some sort of consequences, but not all consequences are bad or negative.

You could argue that literally hundreds (if not thousands) of people made very poor decisions in volunteering for the Twin Towers rescue effort, coming in from all over the country to help, not to mention all those there occupationally. All of the volunteers could have easily avoided the situation, right? "The entire situation was a manure show and bad things happen in manure shows." Now, hundreds of volunteers are suffering the ill effects in various forms of having been exposed to quite a few toxic elements that made up the Twin Towers. They chose to be there...and now there are consequences.

If we, as society, stop helping out our fellow members of society during crises, then what is the point of having a society? Sometimes, the immediacy of need outweighs the concern for possible future negative consequences.

Page generated in 0.02304 seconds with 8 queries