View Single Post
Old April 17, 2021, 11:41 AM   #18
hounddawg

I have found effective jump lengths from touch all the way out to .080. Tony Boyles book has a great section on load development and after reading it have seen that tuning the seating depth can take you from a vertical group to round to horizontal and back again.

These days I just do load development from manufactures recommended COL, tweaking the powder for the best group then plating with moving the bullet in and out .003 to fine tune. Tuning depth is easy , just load a bunch at the preferred powder charge at the maximum COL then take a portable press to the range and adjust them in shooting 3 round groups. If the first three won't group , move the depth in a bit and shoot another group. When you get three that satisfy then load another and another to see if the first three were luck or if you have hit the right depth. Saves a lot of powder, bullets and primers

Page generated in 0.04717 seconds with 8 queries