View Single Post
Old June 27, 2017, 11:52 AM   #96
RC20

houdnawg:

I would say more taken kicking and screaming down the road of knowledge but some allowances for lack of perspective I suppose..

You keep repeating that the torch and the ferrite are the same and I keep repeating they are not.

One they are two different ways of heating transmission. An oven is not a Microwave.

And rotating a case while trying to read templig is difficult at best and certainly not possible to assess while its spinning, regardless of what people say, you cannot multi task.

What people call multi tasking is Rapid Sequential Tasking. In this case you have to be able to see the templiq through the torch, watch it melt, then remove the case from the heat source.

The Annie you push the button and you just WATCH the templiq. As you are using a sacrificial case, you focus purely on that and adjust your timer and repeat until its where you want it to be.

You do the same with just a streak inside the neck. If it just melts as the timer stops, you are in good area. Maybe not perfect, but good and good is fine in this situation.

You repeat as many times as needed.

Coating the entire case end with Templaa (as I have seen done) causes a barrier and that changes how the heat is transferred.

Page generated in 0.03722 seconds with 8 queries