View Single Post
Old June 4, 2009, 02:14 PM   #1
haskins02

Which Reticle for Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x42?

I have decided to buy a Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x42 for a new Browning X-bolt so I can have a scope with great versatility. However, I am undecided on whether to get the “Fine Multi-X” or “Mil Dot” reticle. While I do not intend to specifically hunt or shoot in low light conditions, it would be nice to have some low light capability. I called up Bushnell Technical support and asked them which of the two reticles would be better under low light conditions and he told me that the thickness of the reticle where it crosses at the center is the same for each, so it would not matter. I thought it odd that this is the case, but that’s what he told me.

While I am not sure I would make use of the mil dots to estimate range, I could have use for them. Even though the Bushnell guy said the new DOA reticle for that scope is slightly thicker, I have ruled it out because I suspect I can find much better prices on the Internet if I stick with either the Mil Dot or Fine Multi-X reticles (same price) for that scope.

Any suggestions on which of the two reticle types I should get? Thanks.

Greg

Page generated in 0.02665 seconds with 8 queries