View Single Post
Old August 22, 2009, 11:13 PM   #14
snuffy

Here's the new additions to my mold line up, along with 3 that didn't make it to my first post.

The 2 on the left, #1, lee 2 cav. C312-155--2R. It's supposed to cast at .312, and 155 grains. It drops at .309, and 145 grains! This was with linotype that tested at 19 BHN. It's my belief that the lino I was using is a mix of letters, and a few spacers. The spacers are a much softer lead because they don't touch the paper, so they don't have to be as hard. Full power lino should test at 22-23 BHN. Lino usually casts BIGGER AND LIGHTER than what a mold should/would cast at using wheel weights.

#2 is a C430-310-RF. Cast of the same lino as the .308, it casts at .434, which I expected. Like I said, lino always casts big. It should size down okay to .430. I'll load it in my Ruger SBH.

The round ball is a .390. It's meant to be loaded inside a shotshell wad for short range pumpkin loads. The 2 on the far right are lee R.E.A.L., bullets for black powder rifles. The first two are 50 cal, the last two on the right are 45 cal.

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?

Page generated in 0.03639 seconds with 8 queries