View Single Post
Old March 30, 2010, 02:54 PM   #1
psyfly

Seeking Information on Peters-Stahl 10mm

This is a 1911 (or, if you are a purist, a 1911-style) pistol in 10mm.

The slide is marked "Springfield Armory" on the right flat and "MODEL 1911 - A1" on the left. The breech-face is 10mm. There is an Ulm House Proof mark on the slide.

It has a single extractor.

It has adjustable sights mounted which are marked with the Peters-Stahl logo.

The linkless barrel assembly has normal 1911-style lugs and is marked 10mm and marked with the Peters-Stahl Logo and the ULM House Proof mark.

The frame (Essex) is marked with the Peters-Stahl Logo and a series of Ulm House Proof marks consistent with a 1990 date.

The pistol runs like clockwork and is accurate within my own abilities (that is, it groups as well as anything I have or have recently shot). I like it.

I can find information on both the Springfield Armory Omega and the Springfield Armory Linkless.

This is neither.

I have contacted Springfield Armory and they deny any knowledge of the pistol and flatly stated that it has not been in their shop.

I have also attempted to contact a person identified as a distributor for Peters-Stahl here in Texas, but the information is apparently dated.

I have emailed Peters-Stahl without result.

From the information I have been able to glean, I infer that the pistol was built in the Peters-Stahl factory (armory?) using Peters-Stahl, Essex, and Springfield Armory components and proofed in 1990 by Ulm. I’ve not seen another just like it (although it’s pretty much identical to the SA Linkless, as far as I can tell). Therefore I suspect that it’s not a production pistol but either a prototype or a custom build.

Any information would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Best,

Will
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01390 (Medium).JPG (86.4 KB, 1032 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01396 (Medium).JPG (79.8 KB, 1023 views)

Page generated in 0.10158 seconds with 9 queries