View Single Post
Old October 15, 2012, 03:04 PM   #59
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward429451
So you think that it would be unfair to send up a check forger for a non-violent crime? Simple. Everyone knows that check forgery is a gateway crime, lol. Same standards for non-violent crime. Make it so hard to get back out that they are forced to consider this before committing their white collar crime.

If that is unfair then perhaps the check forger should consider how unfair it was to forge another mans check. My system would have prevented the crime you described because they would have been still locked up.
Are you implying that I don't think check forgers should be convicted of felonies? I never said that, or even hinted at it.

I'm old enough that when the whole criminal justice system was taught to us in grammar school (or maybe it was junior high) the theory was still that a criminal was convicted, went to prison, "paid his debt to society," and was then released. Put very simply, if the person's "debt" has been "paid" by a prescribed period of incarceration, why do we then continue to punish the person by denying them FOR LIFE the fundamental human right to self defense? Especially if the crime was a non-violent ("white collar") crime in which nobody was injured (physically) and nobody was even threatened?

Page generated in 0.03359 seconds with 8 queries