View Single Post
Old June 7, 2007, 12:49 PM   #16
kingudaroad

Wrap first in plastic wrap and follow with a butcher's wrap of freezer paper. The butcher's wrap consists of bringing the two ends of a piece of freezer paper together and then rolling them down to the level of the meat. The ends are then tucked underneath and taped. YOU MUST USE THIS METHOD OF FREEZER WRAPPING! This is so important I'll describe it differently. Tear off a sheet of freezer paper. Glossy side up, place it on the counter. Put a hunk of meat in the center. Lift both far ends of the freezer paper to form a sort of triangular tent above the meat. Using both edges placed together, roll the paper downwards until you contact the meat. Move hands to the outside edges, and fold paper under hunk of meat. Turn entire package over, tape loose ends down, label other side. Note on plastic wrap: any or all of your packages of meat may first be wrapped in plastic (Saran-type) wrap, then put in butcher's wrap via freezer paper. I have found that if you master the butcher's wrap, the plastic wrap layer is unnecessary. BUT: if you allow air into your butcher's wraps, you run the risk of freezer burn, a fate horrible to contemplate. I recommend that beginners invest in Saran wrap for the cheap insurance it provides.

Page generated in 0.02756 seconds with 8 queries