View Single Post
Old January 1, 2014, 09:31 AM   #33
m&p45acp10+1

bt380 most of my brass is from PPU ammo. I pick up a box of it every now and again. I have 20 pieces of Norma brass I bought off of midway when I could not find any of the loaded ammo that is cheaper than the Norma brass. The PPU brass works just the same as the Norma stuff.

Most of my loads I use light bullets with Trail Boss, or Red Dot. I load them for my wife to shoot out of her rifle. They sound, and feel like .22 LR and hit the steel swingers harder than a .38 Special. I chrono tested some that averaged 1200 FPS with a 110 grain .308 FMJ RN. The bullets I also load in my .30 Carbine. They shoot well enough to hit a 6 inch swinger plate at 25 yards.

I have also loaded with Sierra .311 JSP Hot Cor 150 Grain with IMR 4320. I did not chrono them. They gave great results for me at 50, and 75 yards on paper. I hit inside the middle close enough to claim minute of deer at 100 yards with open sights. The lack of grouping at 100 yards with open sights is not because of the rifle. It is due to my vision.

Page generated in 0.05858 seconds with 8 queries