View Single Post
Old January 28, 2013, 11:02 PM   #1
TheNocturnus

I'm done buying cheap pistols.

Finally made it to the range today. I have not been to the range in months. I have either not had the time or the desire to go. I had the bug today and finally took out some guns that I have not shot yet.

Brought my Glock 30, Ruger Mark III 22/45 Target and my Kel Tec P3AT.

The Glock and the Ruger performed as I suspected they would, perfectly.

The Kel Tec on the other hand was a huge letdown. I was using 95gr Federal FMJ rounds and could not get two rounds shot before it would jam up either due to a FTE or Fail to feed. I even had the range master tinker with it and he couldn't get it to function right either. I got the gun used several months ago and never had the chance to shoot it until today.

I kick myself because there have been times that it was the only CCW piece I had on me. I trusted my life to this POS and it might have got me or a loved one killed if it failed like that during a real shooting.

I sold it off immediately after I got home. The guy that bought it from me said he could get it working right, I wished him luck.

I learned 2 things today.

1. NEVER carry a firearm for protection that you have not fired and tested.
2. I'm not going to be buying any bargain brand pistols again. My life is worth more to me. I will save up a little more and get a more reliable pistol.

Anyone else had this embarrassing revelation?
Brain (Use this one the most)

Page generated in 0.02779 seconds with 8 queries