View Single Post
Old July 16, 2010, 09:41 AM   #29
kraigwy

I take a different approach to the goals and mission of the NRA. Yes fighting for the 2nd amendment rights is important and I don't want to see them step back from that fight.

BUT

The NRA was started by some National Guard Officers who were concerned with the lack of marksmanship abilities of our military. They have been working on that mission since their conception. Not just the military but Civilians and LE also.

Look at the training they provide for LE and civilian shooters. In cahoots with two other organizations they have strived to help us with training. The NRA and later the Division of Civilian Marksmanship (now Civilian Marksmanship Program) and Gen Ike's starting the Army Marksmanship Unit have increased the over all marksmanship abilities of the entire country.

Just look around at the civilian gun clubs and see how much money they get in grants from the NRA for the building and up keep of ranges. I know my local club, with our low population base, would be sucking if it wasn't for the grants from the NRA. How may small police departments could afford the training they get from the NRA.

Don't sell the NRA short, even if you don't agree totally with their political actions, they've done and are doing a lot for the shooting community.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071

Page generated in 0.02039 seconds with 8 queries