View Single Post
Old March 7, 2009, 01:52 PM   #62
gruntrus

I had a Ruger in .45, the P90 IIRC, but you're after a 9mm.... Before I started buying my own pistols I shot a lot of the weapons one of my uncles has. Lots of pistols. I did not know squat about brands or models or calibers. There was one that stood out for my shooting preference and that was his Italian Beretta 92, stainless. I really loved the look of his HK .45 USP, but man, that 92 just felt and shot right for me. A few years later I finally found one that looked like a factory refurb. in what they call a 92D Centurion, Italian made 9mm, for $275. I have never reached for my wallet so fast w/o a squeak of haggling. There were two of them there, identical, and I should have bought them both. A LEO friend explained the Italians' Beretta production at the factory as having already smoothed out the action, as a gunsmith might do for any other, after you've bought it. You've gotta shoot 'em and see how they feel in your hands. Got a friend with a large pistol safe who'll let you shoot theirs?

Page generated in 0.03574 seconds with 8 queries