View Single Post
Old November 21, 2005, 09:21 PM   #1
Iowa Cornfed

Poachers Nabbed - Is it really worth it?!?!?

So I'm reading the Omaha Sunday paper, an run across an article that tells of two Nebraska men caught with two rifle shot deer on the Iowa side of the river just 14 miles North of my place. One was a 150 class buck, the other smaller.

Iowa law says the fine for a poached deer that gross scores over 150 inches is $20,000 dollars, and under 150 inches $10,000. Not to mention the DNR confiscated a Browning 9mm, a Weatherby Vangard .300 mag, a Weatherby Mark V 7MM, a Kawasaki 650 ATV, and other items. WHAT ON EARTH WERE THESE IDOITS THINKING?!?!?!?!?

It wasn't in the paper, but I heard today that a bow hunter was in a tree and saw it all, had a cell phone and called it in.
And just when you didn't think it could get any better than that: I'm in the gun shop this afternoon that my brother-in-law works at, and there's a tow truck driver in there from our neighbouring town 7 miles to our West. He was saying the DNR busted a couple of guys at Willow Lake (A wildlife area that's about 15 miles West of here..., a place where the DNR holds hunter education classes!!!) who had 15 deer they'd killed. The tow truck driver towed their rigs, and told me the tags on the trucks were from North Carolina and that they were loggers from there.

I'm like, that must have been cheap, bet they lost there rigs too, etc.

He said no, they got their rigs back..., once they posted bond @ $60,000!!!!

These dweebs must have more money than brains!

Page generated in 0.03414 seconds with 8 queries