View Single Post
Old September 25, 2005, 09:36 PM   #6
JohnKSa
Staff

I don't know, but my guess is nothing.

My personal feeling is that it's going to be very hard for a person to win if the DA actually carries through and tries to prosecute. Not because the DA would automatically win the case, but because of what it would cost you in money and time to defend yourself. I think the Houston DA realizes this too, and that's why he's saying what he is.

I'll also admit that you're somewhat behind the eight ball if an officer casually asks you where you're going and you won't answer. Technically you don't have to tell him, but practically it's going to raise flags if you start to clam up on him when he asks simple questions.

I think that the best thing to do is use common sense and follow the law. TX law allows you to carry a firearm in your vehicle when you're travelling. So if you're travelling, and want to carry a firearm in your vehicle, do it. If you're not travelling, don't do it, or get a CHL.

The new law should cut down on the hassle factor, but if you try and make it into something it's not, you're going to be legally vulnerable. I doubt anyone's going to take you seriously if you're coming back from the corner store with a gallon of milk and try to claim you're travelling.

Page generated in 0.03360 seconds with 8 queries