View Single Post
Old July 16, 2011, 07:20 PM   #224
Alaska444

Quote:
OuTcAsT

Quote:
He lost self control.
DING DING ! We have a winner !

the loss of "self control" lead him to commit a cold blooded murder, the jury was right on !

Does not morality imply the last clear chance? - WildAlaska -
The question in my mind is not whether he "lost control" or not, we know when you get an adrenaline rush you are in an altered mental state period. The question in my mind, is what caused him to lose control as you state? The answer is easy, the gun pointed in his face with threats to his life and to the two employees with him. Looking at that perspective, are you so cool headed that you would not "lose control" with a gun pointed at your head and that you could stop the hormonal fight or flight response and be a cool hand Luke in that situation.

Sorry, I have had two episodes in my life where I "lost control" from life threatening situations. The first a dog, the second a car accident. I would not want to make serious rational decisions in the immediate seconds after I was in both of those situations. Having that understanding personally, I give this man the benefit of bad judgement in 20-20 hindsight.

Page generated in 0.03316 seconds with 8 queries