Thread: storing reloads
View Single Post
Old November 26, 2013, 05:39 AM   #5
DennRN

I reload in bulk and fill all of my blue plastic ammo boxes first. Of those, some go behind glass in my reloading cabinet for use next range visit, some go into ammo boxes, the rest are loose and get placed in plastic bags and sealed in 2 gallon buckets with a silica gel pack. I realize some people might be concerned about unintentionally setting them off but I'm convinced they are safe since they are clearly marked and the buckets only get moved be me to have the contents cycled into my range ammo. When reloading a few thousand rounds the added bulk of packaging really starts to add up quickly.

I don't see any problem with storing them in unsealed wood for a short period of time prior to firing. If you properly seal the wood, I don't think there will be any issue for months or even years as long as the environment is cool and dry. Some varnish or other type of wood sealer inside and out should do the trick. Putting some velvet on the top inside of the case and some brass fittings and you'll have a really fancy ammo box... Good luck keeping it shut though

Page generated in 0.03627 seconds with 8 queries