View Single Post
Old August 2, 2011, 06:42 PM   #105
Cheapshooter

Training, as in SAFETY! If you are afraid to carry one in the chamber, then don't!!!
My mindset? I am very competent, experienced, cautious, aware, and responsible. I will most likely not ever have to use my CCW firearm to defend my life, Most likely NEVER! I keep fresh with it's function. Fresh with my function, and fresh with it's maintenance. I am constantly aware of its status. Weather it is a pocket pistol in a pocket holster in my pocket. WITH NOTHING ELSE IN THAT POCKET!!! Like keys, knives, change, etc. I know the exact position on my belt if that is where I carry at the time. I am aware as I sit down, enter a car, or any other situation that may cause interference with the safe carry of my firearm. I am aware of the condition of the holsters to insure that they are properly protect the trigger.
My comment was meant to mean that if a person doesn't feel they know, and do all these things, and feel safer with trying to get a proper purchase on a handgun, draw it, rack the slide, and then be ready to use it if necessary, by all means carry with an empty chamber.
My mindset. Safety, Safety, PREPAREDNESS, and safety!!!
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!

Page generated in 0.03706 seconds with 8 queries