View Single Post
Old November 6, 2018, 01:12 PM   #27
CDW4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogtown tom View Post
I would be embarrassed to tell people I sold/traded guns to a pawn shop, heck, even a regular gun dealer. You don't know the specifics of the deal.

Basically you are getting 60% or less of his wholesale cost....while you could have sold them for significantly more $$$ on any gun forum. This is an assumption and I do not do FTF sales with individuals; I've sold on GB and my auction(s) specifically state no FTF sales, if that cost me a few bucks, fine.

In order of best way to get maximum value for your guns:
Online gun forum.....where you set the price I traded for a price I agreed to, so I did set the price.
GunBroker or other auction site.....where you set the price I've bought and sold pistols on GB before
Consignment at gun dealer.....where you set the price
Sale to gun dealer
Trade value to gun dealer or pawnbroker......the worst of all. Yea, I did so bad I only got $300 for a used P3AT and LCP

Gun dealers and pawnbrokers make the most profit off of used firearms. IMO I could not have sold them on GB for more.

Obviously I'm completely naive.

Page generated in 0.02117 seconds with 8 queries