View Single Post
Old March 9, 2018, 01:23 AM   #14
TruthTellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine6680 View Post
I have read of issues from time to time with Anderson lowers.

A few out of spec ones, that caused issues during a build, some that needed replaced.

I do hear more than a few complaints about the finish quality being not as good, and less durable than others.

A lot of people have used them without issue though, I just recall more complaints about Anderson lowers than others. In general, I wouldn't say not to buy their lowers.

I do not recall ever hearing about an issue with an Aero lower, and while I have heard of issues with PSA lowers, its fairly rare. I am not actively looking for these things though, so I may have missed some info that would swing my perception.

Personally, I would go with Aero as the best "Under $100" lower available, followed by PSA lowers, then Anderson would be my last pick... Especially if I was buying them to stash away, and not build until much later. I would hate to find a bad lower after a long period with the potential for the company to not be in business, or a restriction being in place that would make replacement imposible.

PSA often is on sale for near Anderson pricing, but barring that, Anderson lowers are the lowest cost option for buying several to stash away.
So if I'm going to build and AR within the next year, Anderson's are fine, but if I'm buying to do it much later, best to go Aero?

I'm not looking at building an AR until probably the end of the year, but depending on how things go with the elections, I'm not so sure if waiting until Oct-Dec is a good idea either given how people like to panic.

Page generated in 0.03758 seconds with 8 queries