View Single Post
Old March 23, 2010, 08:16 PM   #1
HappySig

.357 OAL Questions

this is my first posting here, although I have read many many of the posts and am grateful for the knowledge that can be shared here. Although I'm rather new at reloading, hopefully sometime I can help contribute to the forum.

this is my dilemma: when I first started reloading, I bought the setup from a friend of mine and it included everything that I needed, even some powder, so I went to a gun show and I bought 1000 Sierra 158 grain JSP bullets, and I also purchased a Sierra are reloading manual, so everything was fine and I reloaded the rounds without too many problems. Now I am out of those projectiles and I purchased 1000 Magnus 158 grain RN swaged lead bullets, so My questions are:do I have to use a different powder just because the bullets are lead? or will my usual load of 11.6 grains of blue dot be safe? and my reloading manual says the OAL with all Sierra bullets for the .357 is 1.585, so with these new bullets are they the same OAL? any help would be greatly appreciated and I thank everyone in advance for their time

Page generated in 0.03897 seconds with 8 queries