View Single Post
Old March 7, 2006, 05:08 PM   #14
threegun

Quote:
Being a convenience store robbery or a guy attacking you a bat?
Sure they happen very rarely. About as rare as the need of said civilian for something larger than a 25 according to you guys. Besides FOF courses taken once in a lifetime are about as useful as tactics learned but not practiced.

Quote:
Duane having your back - fine. Chose him - I'll chose Yeager, Farnham, Givens, Rehn, the entire NTI, Stanford, Moses, Gonzalez, Gomez and others on the utility of FOF training.
All awesome teachers but they have a financial bias in promoting training. Duane and others (friends) who have no vested interest one way or another and who have attended both disagree. My personal expierience with the only FOF training I have had (karate)vs pistol competition and I felt the stress more in the competition. Thats why I agree with Duane. Are we right......don't know. I can tell you that guys that have taken both say that I would do very well in anything they have attended. In fact I beat most in competition. We have disgused tactics as well. I have given and taken information that helped both parties.

Sometimes you have to consider the bias of a source. In this case those you mentioned make a living by you attending their schools. The good thing is all professional training is great. Competition is great (greater to me). There are no losers in either group. Who's right? If someone isn't willing to learn proper tactics on their own, then the school is best. For those who already understand tactics, competition is the best tool to keep them sharp (in my opinion).

Page generated in 0.07321 seconds with 8 queries