View Single Post
Old May 15, 2012, 12:55 PM   #24
Deja vu

To me it sounds like fun. As stated before I am working on a suppressed 45/70. I plan to use regular hunting loads in it.

I would suggest to the OP to try to hunt this year with the subsonic loads and see how it goes even though he probably will not have the suppressor yet, even if he put the paper work in today. If you can take game with this load with out a suppressor then adding the suppressor will not change any thing other than having to adjust the sights slightly.

Many people frown on suppressors for hunting but I think they are great. Just be prepaired to get stopped. I find many officers to not know much about civilian ownership of suppressors. This is second hand information but I believe it.

p.s. If hunting in Idaho make sure your gun is not heavy. If the gun is even 1 oz heavier than 16LBS you can not use it in Idaho for hunting and you may have to do more than just pay a fine, you could loose the gun and your hunting rights.

all 26 of my guns are 45/70 govt, 357 mag, 22 or 12 ga... I believe in keeping it simple. Wish my wife did as well...

Last edited by Deja vu; May 15, 2012 at 01:09 PM.

Page generated in 0.02440 seconds with 8 queries