View Single Post
Old April 15, 2012, 12:58 PM   #11
maestro pistolero

It seems that everyone's predictions about how quickly the KSG would be refined and available were correct. I know they are shipping small numbers since before the SHOT show, but mine has been on order with a major online gun distributor for 14 months, almost four months after their first shipment. I was number two on their wait list for most of that time, and now in the first position for 2 months. They have confirmed that they received exactly 1 (one) KSG since taking 100s of pre-orders in Feb 2011.

Does KelTec lack sufficient resources to bring this design into fully developed state and full-production runs?

If that's the problem, then with all the hype, pre-sales, and general high sell-ability of this design, it would seem like the prudent thing to do would be to give up a little bit of the pie, get some funding, and get the damn thing perfected and tooled for large scale production. The numbers in the end would more than justify a dilution.

If it's a POS after all this, it will be unforgivable. The best thing they could do at that point would be to sell or license the design to a manufacturer who can actually execute the final R&D and full production.

Page generated in 0.03603 seconds with 8 queries