View Single Post
Old January 10, 2011, 03:06 AM   #10
DG45

I've bought some similar stuff on ebay. None of it cost me very much. I got a much better-looking English-made Dixon & Sons 12 gauge roll crimper with real ebony handles for $18 I think it was, and a tin alloy shot/powder dipper that's adjustible in ounces or drams with a wooden handle that doubles as a 12 Gauge tamp for $12, and a hand primer much like the one pictured for $5.

I got in a real bidding war over a cool-looking big brass shotgun reloading tool that did a lot of stuff but I backed off at $49 when there were still three bidders left. I think it went for $63.

For any of you guys who've never tried rolling your own shotgun shells by hand, the old fashioned way, with tools like this, let me tell you its a hoot.

I use these things only to load "vintage loads" in paper hulls or brass hulls though, and I shoot them in a hundred year +old single barrel Forehand Arms shotgun. It's all just for fun - although I do take the old gun "birding" once in a while just for the kick of occasionally doing things the old fashioned way. I don't really care if I ever see a bird. It just feels good.

For serious business I still use factory shells in my Model 11 auto.

Page generated in 0.02640 seconds with 8 queries