View Single Post
Old April 29, 2010, 02:06 PM   #2
urbantacticalgear

Not a sturdy gunbelt, I know. Typically I wear an OSOE Cobra belt, but I had left it in my uniform here. Thats also why the loops are larger.

Just to touch on it a bit, appendix or carry anywhere from 10-2 has some great benefits. Depending on your frame and build, it may or may not work for you though. I find it very easy to conceal while just wearing a t-shirt, I can better access my pistol from here while in a car with my seatbelt on if I had to than if it was further back, and I do not have to worry about bending over and my shirt coming up revealing the handle of a pistol. A lot of professionals will also argue that carry here is a big plus in grounded combative situations. As far as seated though and especially in a vehicle, I still prefer a pistol on the ankle, but when wearing shorts you might get some strange looks in public.

Josh has customer service and ease of operation at the front of his mind, he ships all of his holsters that have adjustable retention with the proper size Allen wrench to adjust them. Once I found the retention I wanted, I was good to go. The cut of the holster is just what is needed to get a full fighting grip on your handgun from the start. The sweat guard is just right and is not too large nor does it have sharp edges. The sight channel is molded the entire length of the holster to make every draw snag free. All the exposed ends of the kydex are expertly sanded and blended leaving a very clean and snag free holster. On this lined version, you cannot even feel a seam where the pigskin meets the kydex.  Being the craftsman that he is, Josh will not let a kydex holster out the door without something he is known for; leatherwork. The loops with pull the dot snaps are leather instead of the normal plastic or rubber which you typically see. It’s a nice change that adds durability as well as aesthetics to the finished product.

I am more than pleased with all of the Kolbeson Leatherworks holsters I have at this time and look forward to all his new products as they come out. At this times, there are 2 IWB kydex holsters listed, the pigskin lined version shown here and the unlined model found here. Josh prides himself with his warranty and customer service, and for good reason: he wants you to be happy with your purchases. To top it off, he offers military and law enforcement a whopping 15% off discount on his 100% custom made products which is something no one else matches that I know of.

Now I just need a left handed version of this one.

Contact information for Kolbeson Leatherworks is:

Josh Kolbeson
Kolbesonleatherworks.com
Kolbeson Leatherworks Facebook Page
[email protected]

Disclosure: I am not an employee, nor have I ever been an employee of Kolbeson Leatherworks. The item reviewed was gifted to me by Kolbeson Leatherworks for the purpose of a product test and evaluation. The items pictured and reviewed are my personal property. The opinions and views expressed in the posting are that of my own and are not influenced by any outside sources.

Last edited by urbantacticalgear; April 29, 2010 at 05:07 PM.

Page generated in 0.05047 seconds with 8 queries