View Single Post
Old March 6, 2007, 03:23 PM   #8
snuffy

BS! All of it! Show me one documented case of a primer detonationg while being PRESSED into a pocket! With the qualification that the press, or seperate priming tool, was being used according to instructions. Not some irate fool that thinks he knows it all, didn't read the instructions, getting mad and jerking the handle.

The ONLY exception to that is the old lee hand tool that required the primer to be seated with a hammer. I detonated several with that tool, until I learned NOT to hit it in with one sharp whack, but to ease it in with several softer taps.

I have crushed many primers when a feeder malfunctioned, sideways and upside down. Never a detonation. A primer takes a SHOCK to set off the priming compound, it also requires the priming pellet be crushed between the bottom of the cup and the anvil by a sharp blow.

If primers were as sensitive as some have said, we wouldn't be able to keep them around our houses. Or for that matter, handeling of loaded ammo. We couldn't carry them in our pockets, toss them in glove boxes, or ammo cans.

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?

Page generated in 0.02181 seconds with 8 queries